Your holiday home in Drenthe
** DUE TO THE CORONA CRISIS WE ARE NOW IMPLEMENTING A RE-BOOKING POLICY – FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE UNDER ‘RENTAL RATES’ **
** Please note that due to current Dutch governmental requirements concerning COVID-19, specifically the 1.5 meter social distancing restrictions within the accommodation, we are currently only accepting:
- not more than a maximum of 4 persons over the age of 13 years from different households. Accompanying children under the age of 13 years are unrestricted in number (note: total group size including children under 13 years must be no greater than 10 persons)
- not more than a maximum of 10 persons over or under the age of 13 years from 1 single household **
For your and our safety, we are at the moment taking the following precautions:
- The beds have been separated by 1.5m in four of the bedrooms and we have placed one of the dining tables into the main room
- Where possible we are disinfecting using Dettol (including worktops, WCs, bathroom, door handles, keys and all floors) prior to the arrival of new guests
- We use protective disposable gloves whilst in the accommodation. After the cleaning and disinfecting has been completed, the accommodation is sealed
'Under the Oaks' - a 5-bedroomed holiday home (sleeps a maximum of 10) in Diever, Drenthe, The Netherlands
A large, well-equipped and tastefully furnished Dutch (former) farmhouse dating from 1836 situated in the centre of unspoilt Diever village.
Located on the edge of the Drents-Friese Wold (6100 hectares), one of the largest national parks of the Netherlands, with 32 marked walks and numerous cycle paths.
Also situated close by to National Park Dwingelderveld (3692 hectares) - the largest moorland on the European Continent - with its 60 km's of walking trails and 40 km's of bicycle paths.
Local activities in this area of outstanding natural beauty include walking, bicycling, horseriding and birdwatching.
Sailing and fishing can be enjoyed at Giethoorn (the Venice of the North). The provincial capital at Assen is just 25 minutes away.
While Emmen (with the newly-opened 'Wildlands' attraction park/zoo), the city of Groningen ('shop till you drop') and the German border are all less than an hour's drive away.
For the children, there are 18 funparks in the surrounding area.
More than 25 museums will provide an interest to each member of the family (there's even a museum of comic books!)
Then there's Diever village itself ... its restaurants, cafes, shops and supermarket ... its 14th Century church ... and famously renowned for the open-air productions of Shakespeare which have been re-enacted in its forest 'amphitheatre' every Summer since 1946.
Diversity on your doorstep: Diever is placed at the crossroads of three provinces - Drenthe, Overijssel and Friesland - all uniquely different to one another. So when you are in Drenthe, why not discover Friesland and Overijssel provinces as well - the borders lie just 15 minutes away by car!
So, whether it's picknicking in the forest, taking a dip in a forest bathing pool or going by horseback along one of the many marked trails, you won't be disappointed by this area's rich heritage, its welcoming, English-speaking people and its unending choice of excursions and attractions.
Come and visit the real Netherlands- we look forward to being able to welcome you to Diever!
David and Monique Samson
'Under the Oaks'